To avoid confusion, or the risk of manuscripts getting lost – Animal Dreaming only accepts manuscripts by prior arrangement, so please contact us by email introducing yourself, and we will send you an invitation to submit your manuscript.
All manuscript submissions must be in writing.
As an assisted self-publishing company, Animal Dreaming Publishing has no restrictions with concepts and ideas. In fact, we welcome all proposals aimed at a general trade market, including mind-body-spirit, family, fiction and general non-fiction.
We require all hard copy submissions to be:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Size of Font: 12pt
- Paper size: A4
- Double line spacing
- Only chapter headings to be BOLD
- To emphasize words or paragraphs, use either italics OR underline (not both)
- Number each page
- Include your name, email address and phone number as a header on each page
- Do not use staples of binding of any kind
- Set the manuscript and all requirements out in a word document only
- Submit your manuscript on a USB stick AND as hard (paper) copy
- Do not submit your manuscript with any UPPER CASE TEXT as it will be returned to you to fix and re-submit
- Include a one-page synopsis of your work, a contents page, sample illustrations
- Do not submit original illustrations
- Include a brief biography about yourself, including previous (if any) publications
- Please ensure that you retain a copy of your manuscript
We also ask that you answer these simple questions as your answers will allow our publishing staff to determine how best to design, package, and market and distribute your proposal:
- List similar books that are already in print / on the market
- Explain how your proposal differs from these
- Provide an idea as to how comparable books have sold in bookshops
- List additional markets that your book could sell to, besides bookshops
- Explain how you would promote your book and whether or not you have media or corporate contacts that would help us to publicise and market your book
- Please tell us, in a maximum of just a few paragraphs, who your target audience / market / readership will be.
- Do you think you will want to hold a physical book launch? If so, where and how?
- Do you think your book has international appeal? Why / why not?
- Have you thought about what your marketing campaign may involve?
Before submitting a manuscript for a CHILDREN’S PICTURE BOOK or NOVEL, please take the time to read the invaluable advice offered by Australia’s leading children’s author MEM FOX, including her 20 DO’S AND DON’TS of how to write for children if you’re serious about writing a successful novel or picture book for kids.
Animal Dreaming Publishing will provide full assessment and editorial services of your manuscript. In fact, we will be in constant communication with you, personally coaching and mentoring you through the entire process.
If you wish your manuscript returned, please include a stamped, self-addressed envelope. In most cases, you should hear from us in four to six weeks.
We require all manuscripts to be submitted (along with the above required information) by post and EMAIL
Animal Dreaming Publishing
PO Box 5203
East Lismore, NSW. Australia 2480